November 17, 2020
Share This Post
Governor’s Briefing on COVID-19: November 17, 2020
November 17, 2020 – Governor Hogan Press Conference
Additional COVID-19 Restrictions Announced
- Effective 5 pm Friday, all bars, restaurants and facilities where food and/or alcohol are served will be required to close by 10 pm. Takeout and delivery services are encouraged to continue, but in-person dining operations will not be permitted between 10 pm and 6 am.
- Effective at 5 pm Friday, all retail businesses and religious institutions statewide will revert back to the Stage Two 50% capacity restrictions. This includes:
- Retail businesses
- Religious institutions
- Personal services
- Bingo halls
- Bowling alleys
- Pool halls
- Skating rinks
- Fitness centers
- Social clubs
- Effective at 5 pm Friday, fans will no longer be permitted at any professional or collegiate stadiums or racetracks.
- All hospital visitation prohibited until further notice.
- Exceptions: compassionate care, guardians of minors, obstetrics, and support for patients with disabilities.
- Mandatory twice weekly testing for nursing home staff, weekly testing for all residents effective no later than November 20th.
- State is limiting visitation at all Maryland nursing homes. Indoor visitation will generally be limited to compassionate care visits, and all visitors must have proof of a negative COVID test result within 72 hours prior to visit.
- Hospitals at or nearing capacity limits may transfer patients to hospitals that are able to provide necessary care.
- As of Tuesday, Maryland Department of Health data shows the state added 2,149 new confirmed coronavirus cases.
- The statewide positivity rate currently sits at 6.85%. The eighth straight day it has been over 5%.
November 23, 2020
November 23, 2020