Share This Post
Governor’s Briefing on COVID-19: March 18, 2021
March 18, 2021 – Governor Hogan Press Conference
White House has told America’s governors to anticipate an increase in vaccine supply the week of March 29.
- All Marylanders age 60+
- Will begin Tuesday, 3/23
- Pre-registration is open now via http://covidvax.maryland.gov or 1-855-MD-GOVAX
- Marylanders age 16+ with medical conditions that increase risk for severe COVID-19 illness.
- Will begin March 30th.
- All Marylanders age 55+ and essential workers in critical industries.
- Will begin April 13th.
- All Marylanders age 16+
- Will begin no later than April 27th.
Primary Care Physicians
- Practices will be able to call patients directly to schedule vaccine appointments.
- Initial 37 practices throughout the state have been chosen to participate with focus on demographic and geographic equity.
New Community Vaccination Program
- Led by Maryland Health Services Cost Review Commission.
- Utilizing “Maryland Model” to fund hospital-led, community-based vaccination initiatives.
- Averaging 43,034 doses daily.
- Nearly 25% of Marylanders have received a vaccine.
- 65% of all Marylanders 65 and older.
- Vaccination rate faster than 34 other states.
- More adults vaccinated than 34 other states.
- More vaccines for long-term care facilities than 37 other states.
Mass Vax Site Updates
- Six Flags America site has administered more than 100,000 doses.
- Governor Hogan to visit new Eastern Shore mass vaccination site in Salisbury tomorrow.
- Sixth mass vaccination site will open one week from today in Hagerstown.
- Additional site announcements to be made in the coming days.
Ensuring Vaccine Equity
- Maryland Vaccine Equity Task Force plan is the most advanced in the nation.
- 50 missions completed or in progress statewide.
- Launching in hard-to-reach, rural areas.
- Mobile units provided by Maryland School of Nursing to be deployed and staffed by Maryland National Guard.