As the start of Governor-elect Wes Moore’s term nears, he and Lt. Governor-elect Aruna Miller have recently announced additional selections for their administration, including many political veterans.
- Matthew Verghese will be the new director of the Federal Office in Washington, D.C.
- Emmanuel “Manny” Welsh will be the administration’sliaison to the Board of Public Works. He previously worked for the comptroller’s office.
- Pokuaa “PK” Owusu-Acheaw will be Aruna Miller’s Chief of Staff.
- State Senator Paul Pinsky (D-Prince George’s) has been tapped to head the Maryland Energy Administration. This will create a vacancy for his Senate seat.
- Mollie Byron will serve as director of Intergovernmental Affairs for the Moore administration.
Read more about these recent announcements:
Have questions for our lobbyists regarding upcoming changes in 2023? Send us an email anytime.