- Permanently expanding the enhanced Earned Income Tax Credit, helping 295,000 families
- Additional relief and enhanced benefits for underserved Marylanders
- Record funding for K-12 education – $8.15 billion, above what was recommended by the legislature, and including $1 billion in school construction funding, above the total that was requested by all jurisdictions
- Infrastructure: $1.4 billion for roads and bridges, $1.3 billion for mass transit improvements
- $1 billion for mental health and substance abuse programs
- More than $500 million to Re-Fund the Police including increased salaries, expanding community policing, upgraded technology and improved training
- $75 million for local health departments
The FY 2023 budget is available at http://dbm.maryland.gov.
Read the Governor’s press release.